Officers & Directors
5 Mile Road Race
White Tricorne Hat
Most Recent Winner
USS Lexington Memorial
4th of July Carnival
Becoming A Member
Lions of the Year
Melvin Jones Fellow Recipients
On Wednesday April 10th, Lexington Lions will present the 2013 White Tricorne Hat Recipient at Cary Hall in Lexington Center, at 7:00 PM. The presentation will be made prior to the opening of Town Meeting. To help make this a successful event, everyone is urged to attend this special presentation.
We are now accepting nominations for the 2013 award.
Each year, since 1954, the White Tricorne Hat honors an outstanding resident of Lexington.
The Lions Club would like to thank all those in the town of Lexington Massachusetts for supporting this public honor and we welcome nominations for 2013.
2012 White Tricorne Hat Recipient
White Tricorne Hat History 2013 Instructions & Nominations now open
The White Tricorne Hat Award, Lexington's Oustanding Citizen of the Year, is presented annually on Patriots Day.
The committee judges the candidates against the following criteria:
- Must be a current resident of Lexington.
- Must not be a current major elected office holder.
- Must not have won the award previously.
- Of the candidates that meet the above qualifications, the committee* will select the person who, in their opinion, meets the following criteria based on the submitted application and supporting material:
- has demonstrated a dedication to the principles of outstanding leadership.
- has advanced the American way of life in Lexington by giving unselfishly of his or her time and talents over the years, beyond the normal bounds of his or her normal occupation.
- The award is presented without regard to sex, race or religious affiliation. Nomination forms and instructions will be available in February, 2013.
pdf version of Nominating Instructions
pdf version of Nomination Form
- The committee is composed of a representative of the Lexington Lions Club, Lexington Clergy Association, Lexington Rotary Club, Lexington Chamber of Commerce, Lexington Lodge of Elks, and the Lexington Historical Society. In addition, the two most recent recipients of the award are voting members of the committee.
The 2007 White Hat Recipient
The 2006 White Hat Recipient
Winston E. "Pat" Flynn