Officers & Directors
5 Mile Road Race
White Tricorne Hat
Most Recent Winner
History 2010 - Present
Tricorne Hat Sales
USS Lexington Memorial
4th of July Carnival
Becoming A Member
Lions of the Year
Melvin Jones Fellow Recipients
Each year, since 1954, the White Tricorne Hat award honors an outstanding resident of the town of Lexington.
This year the White Tricorne Hat was presented on Monday, April 18, 2016 at ceremonies on the Lexington Green following the morning parade.
For 2016, The Lions Club presented Richard "Dick" F. Perry with this honor on Patriots Day April 18th.
Thank you to all those in the Town of Lexington Massachusetts for continuing to support this effort.
See below for more details.
2016 White Tricorne Hat Recipient - Richard "Dick" F. Perry
White Tricorne Hat History 2016 Instructions & Nomination Form
The White Tricorne Hat Award, Lexington's Oustanding Citizen of the Year, is presented annually on Patriots Day.
The committee judges the candidates against the following criteria:
- Must be a current resident of Lexington.
- Must not be a current major elected office holder.
- Must not have won the award previously.
- Of the candidates that meet the above qualifications, the committee* will select the person who, in their opinion, meets the following criteria based on the submitted application and supporting material:
- has demonstrated a dedication to the principles of outstanding leadership.
- has advanced the American way of life in Lexington by giving unselfishly of his or her time and talents over the years, beyond the normal bounds of his or her normal occupation.
- The award is presented without regard to sex, race or religious affiliation. Nomination forms and instructions are now available.
Nominating Instructions and Nomination Form
- The committee is composed of a representative of the Lexington Lions Club, Lexington Clergy Association, Lexington Rotary Club, Lexington Chamber of Commerce, Lexington Lodge of Elks, and the Lexington Historical Society. In addition, the two most recent recipients of the award are voting members of the committee.
The 2014 White Hat Recipient
The 2007 White Hat Recipient
The 2006 White Hat Recipient
Winston E. "Pat" Flynn